Road Train !!!!!!!!!!

by Russell McMahon

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Tag Info

New answers tagged


GIMP has an extension called MathMap that can do this, too.


There are two types of inks for inkjet printers. All home printers and some pro printers use dye inks which has a short life expectancy. Some pro printers and many of the large format printers use pigment inks which could last 100 years under good archival conditions. I would expect commercial Giclee printers to use pigment inkjet inks.


The only alternative to an own printer profile created with a spectrophotometer is working with the ICC profiles that some paper manufacturers offer as standard on their homepage for download... I only calibrate my screens with a Spyder4Elite and print with these type of ICC profiles to print.


A printer has no gamut at all. The ink system and the paper combine to form the gamut, the printer only applies one to the other. The best way to get a gamut measurement is to actually print on the paper and read in the values with a colorometer or spectrometer. Barring that, you can look for published ICC profiles for common ink and paper combinations. ...


But I can't find an easy way to view the gamut of my printer. For paper, I can get ICC profiles. The gamut is always a combination of a printer and a substrate on which it is printed. I checked with different ICC profiles in color sync and can see that almost none of the paper from Epson is able to accommodating this image. A significant portion of ...


I don't know that any such software exists. Even if it did, you would get marginal results or even get less accurate color than looking for publicly available ICC profiles that are published for the printer and your given paper type (if you are using a typical paper with the printer). Even if you are not, you can print out sheets and send them in to ...

Top 50 recent answers are included