High Falls, Pigeon River

by Jakub

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


As others have already mentioned, a little image processing is a good solution. However, I have two different suggestions Take a image when only a blank area is on the screen. Set up the camera on a tripod so that all images are taken with the viewer screen in the same position relative to the camera. Then subtract the blank image from the real images. ...


Look for a tripod with a removable center column that can be mounted horizontally. As an example, the Manfrotto 190XPROB allows for the column to be extended and then swung down horizontally so that the camera can be mounted in a suspended position that allows you to shoot directly down onto the subject. Such a setup would look like this (photo by Shirley ...


This is a textbook example of image processing that we give the students as an assignment. You do a large mean-filter on the images and subtract it, and fix the contrast, maybe even threshold it.. I implemented it in Image View Plus More 2 as a standalone function called "Local Normalisation -> Remove Gradients e.g. from paper". I assume you have matlab and ...


If you can center the bright spot, you may be able to use an vignette tool. Lightroom can apply this easily, it is usually done to adjust for lens aberrations, but it may work in this case. But certainly, use RAW. It doesn't appear that Photoshop has this feature. There are tons of tutorials, but I suspect they all seem geared to loosing data, rather than ...


If there is a bright spot, your camera will record it regardless of its settings, I'm not sure if changing the light metering method to center-weighted average will do any help or not. But since your camera can shoot raw image, I suggest you to shoot in raw and then edit it in Photoshop. In Photoshop when you use an adjustment layer, click on its layer ...


I don't even know if this exists, but try getting a tripod that can be outfitted with a boom arm: something that can extend your camera out over the surface you'll be working on. You're presumably going to want to keep the camera perpendicular to the book, and that book is probably going to be laid flat on a table or something similar. That means the camera ...


Others mentioned the 190XPROB with the arm that goes out 90 degrees but has a larger mounting screw. DSLR's and compact cameras have the same thread on the bottom. Tripods like the 190XPROB have a larger thread, onto which you put some kind of head, and then you either screw that head into the camera or you get a head with quick-release plates, that you ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible