Macro photography is a specialized area typically dealing with very small subjects. There are also "Macro Lenses" which are designed with macro photography in mind, and lower cost alternatives such as close up filters and extension tubes.
- What is a Macro Lens?
- What should I consider when purchasing a macro lens?
- Which scenarios are better shot with a prime lens versus zoom lens or macro lens?
- What does the magnification ratio number mean on a macro lens?
- What macro techniques offer an alternative to expensive optics?
- Which suits better for hobby usage: extension tubes vs. close-up filter?
- How can I take a macro shot without a macro lens?
- What are Extension Tubes?
- How can I calculate what the effect of an extension tube will be?