Napioa - Wind Origins

Napioa - Wind Origins
by octopus                

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

New answers tagged


Yes, you can use a Macro lens as long as you are able to attach the Nikon CFI Plan 10x microscope objective to the front filter threads and have it close to the front element. If the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro has a recessed front element, it may not be possible to get good results. There will be no vignetting with lenses that 100mm or more. Source: ...


It's a microscope objective, so no, you can't use your Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro lens as a tube lens. Only tube lenses are tube lenses. However, with extension tubes (not lens) and close up filters, you may be able to achieve the same magnification with you Nikon 105mm (10x is possible as in this case, while 100x times require an actual microscope objective). ...


You would be able to form an image on the sensor with it focused to infinity but you're likely to have some vignetting - it could be quite bad. It's worth trying, but don't spend a lot on the adaptors! In fact you may want to try a cardboard adaptor first to judge the field of view. The magnification onto the sensor won't be 10x using a 105mm tube lens. ...


Rail Pro: Easy to make fine adjustments without deranging your composition or moving the tripod once set up Good method for focus stacking, moving through the planes is always linear Rail Con: Can move your camera away from the tripod's center of force downwards, increasing risk of low speed oscillation or settling of a light tripod Lens Focus Pro: No ...

Top 50 recent answers are included