Slains Castle

by pakman

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Tag Info

New answers tagged


I agree with @thomasrutter, but if you're willing to do some up-front planning and some work after-the-fact, or try some other things there may be some other options. It will of course depend on the shot you're trying to get. These ideas probably aren't ideal for candids. Photograph the room without the people in it, then have them come back and photograph ...


Hopefully you are aware of the relationship between the three main controls that affect exposure: Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO. In this case you've set an aperture of F/2. You have left the decision of shutter speed and ISO to the camera (by selecting Aperture Priority mode, and having Auto ISO on). It's a low light scene, so the camera doesn't have ...

Top 50 recent answers are included