Nidelva river through Trondheim Norway

Nidelva river through Trondheim Norway
by Saaru Lindestokke                

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

New answers tagged


The actual focal length range of the lens on your G7X II is not 24-100mm, it is 8.8-36mm. Coupled with the smaller sensor (13.2 x 8.8 mm) of the G7X II the 8.8-36mm lens gives the same field of view as a 24-100mm lens does on a full frame (36 x 24mm) camera. Similarly, the aperture of f/1.8-2.8 will behave, in terms of Depth of Field, like an aperture of ...


If the object is at fixed distance, has fixed size (and is moving at constant angular speed) and fits frame well: no, you cannot get better photograph of it with focal length reducer. Focal length reducer has three effects: it makes image brighter it reduces the number of pixels which object occupies if it contains glass it looses some small amount of ...


... as the adapter increases the distance between the sensor and the lens by ~10mm, does this effectively make my 50mm lens a ~60mm lens? Or am I just misunderstanding things? You're misunderstanding things. The Minolta MD/MC registration distance (or flange focal distance)--that is, the distance from the mount flange to the sensor, is 43.5mm. If the ...


The answers you've gotten are correct, a standard/correct adapter does not change the focal length. It is worth noting however that there are some adapters called Speed Boosters which are designed to do exactly that. They counteract most of the "crop factor" caused by the smaller sensor. They aren't cheap, but it's always good to know your options. For ...


Michel Thoby's webpage has the following formula for the equal-area projection: r = 2 f sin(θ/2) where r is the distance from the centre in the projection plane of a point that is visible under angle θ. (image source) For 10 mm focal length this gives r = 2 * 10 mm * sin(π/2 / 2) = 14 mm for the radius of the 180-degree image circle. This roughly ...


The angle of view calculation requires trigonometry: This is the formula I use in Excel. =((ATAN((d/2/f)))x180/9.8596 d=the dimension of the frame 35mm full frame 24mm height by 36mm length diagonal 42.36mm f=focal length x=multiply 10mm = 100⁰ height – 121⁰ length 127⁰ diagonal 12mm = 90⁰ height – 113⁰ length 120⁰ diagonal 14mm = 81⁰ height – 104⁰ ...

Top 50 recent answers are included