Alley in Pisa, Italy

by Lars Kotthoff

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Tag Info

New answers tagged


In a scenario like this, I would try and mitigate the risk of mount deformation by using a sling strap that secures to the tripod mount (something like a Black Rapid strap), but fasten it to a tripod collar on the lens rather than the one on the camera. This will maintain the best balance of weight, and I personally find sling straps much more comfortable.

Top 50 recent answers are included