by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I was messing around with a post-processed imaged and found that the Aged Photo preset in Lightroom did something fantastic to one part of my image. But I don't care for the sepia-like coloring and I also want to restrict the effect to that one portion of the image.

How can I replicate this effect using adjustment layers in Photoshop? I can tell there's some vignetting. I think it might be brightening the highlights. But I'm not entirely sure.

share|improve this question
If you could post a before and after that would help. – ElendilTheTall Mar 17 '11 at 12:10
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Lightroom presets are no magic, they just change development settings. Aged Photo is really simple, some playing around with brightness, contrast, saturation and noise reduction. Switch to development mode and apply-undo the preset a few times, observing development settings. Should be really clear what it does. Also, see Is there a way to decompose a Lightroom preset?

share|improve this answer
Thanks for the link. That was the information I was looking for: – Ed01 Mar 17 '11 at 12:53

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.