I got just now my nikon remote.
I spent about 20£ on it over the cheaper chinese ripoffs only to find in the instruction manual (not really a "manual", it's a leaflet) that according to State of California law, they warn customers that touching the cord on the remote exposes them to lead, that can cause birth defects, and other harm.
Actually, this only appears on the english version, the portuguese, italian, and apparently all others don't even mention it.
two part question: a) is the threat true? or in the lines of "don't eat the cd-rom, it may cause choking"? b) if the remote cord has lead, what about the battery case, the rubber on the grip or whatever else? i am slightly freaking out.
I really like my nikon dslr, but i'd prefer that it didn't cause me cancer.