I'm an amateur photographer and am very curious about what the benefits of investing in a compact camera as compared to my Iphone5s/Samsung phone camera are.
I've did some preliminary research and have came out with a couple of reasons why compact camera are better than smart phone cameras. The research are as per below..
Reasons Why Compact > Phone Camera
- Better Image Stablising function ( reduce shaky blurry photos!)
- Longer Zoom Capture function
- Larger sensor size
- Flash intensity control ( Phones dont have them! )
- Greater control of photography (exposure/metering/iso/shutter/aperture speed etc)
- Better print quality ( camera pixels and sensor size deliver higher quality pictures, less noise etc)
- Good for underwater photography? ( Questionable)
Ok so here's the questions :
Apart from these points above are there any better reasons why i should buy a compact camera rather than continue using my Phone camera? (Do also comment on whether the points i raised are valid ones )
Can phone cameras match up to compact cameras today/in the future? ( if so what are the examples? )
Thanks in advance!