Before the rush

Before the rush
by evan-pak

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

When a photographer's work is used in a magazine, pamphlet, etc., it's natural that the photographer would want a copy to show as part of his portfolio.

I'm positive I've seen a name for this -- cut sheet, maybe -- but I'm getting goose-eggs on google. This should be an easy one for someone!

share|improve this question
up vote 7 down vote accepted

It's called a tear sheet. Newspapers can usually supply this a a vector PDF but when my photo was published in a magazine, i only received the actual tear sheets and no digital files.

share|improve this answer
Boom - that's it. Thanks! – D. Lambert May 30 '14 at 17:04

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.