Wondering if I'm lucky enough to bump into an EOS-1v owner here, I'm having problem with non EF lenses on this camera.
The question: does 1v work with non-Canon lenses (converted to EF mount) at all?
I have two manual lenses with EF converters, and the camera simply does not take pictures with any of those. Every time as soon as I press shutter, the mirror lifts up as usual, but the empty battery icon blinks (while all other displays go off) exactly as if the battery were dead, but it was full. After a few seconds everything goes back to normal, display comes back up, mirror returns and all that, except it doesn't roll in the next frame. So I'm assuming it's not taking pictures.
Things I've tried:
- I have a 5D Mark III and it has no problem with those lenses.
- The 1v shoots fine with EF lens or even no lens mounted,.
- The EF mount converters were properly coated and insulated so neither were messing with the electronic pins.
- I've gone through the user manual and all the custom functions, nothing was relevant (I know some cameras that don't work with these manual lenses by default).
- Battery is good, film roll is good, camera is brand new.
- And yes, I was operating on manual mode.
The only thing I can think of is just 1v does not operate with non EF lenses, even if this sounds ridiculous.
Thanks in advance for any insight!