by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I cannot find the right adapter to plug on the tripod with the following form factor :



Measurements are expressed in Centimeters.

share|improve this question
Are there any markings, like a manufacturer or model number?? – James Snell Jan 19 '14 at 12:58
I just know it is HEIWA – Skippy Fastol Jan 19 '14 at 13:18
Ahh, IIRC they're rather famous for never including any useful identifying marks. You could try Libec as they now own Heiwa. – James Snell Jan 19 '14 at 13:32
You know, if all else fails, it's not even close to difficult (or expensive) to machine an adequate replacement or to permanently mount a more standard QR base (like an Arca Swiss style) to the head. – user2719 Jan 19 '14 at 18:10
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Some tripod heads come with what is called a "quick release plate". This plate allows for the camera to be easily removed and attached to the tripod and is generally specific to the make or model of tripod head you are using.

The quick release plate for the tripod you have is a pretty basic one that just gets locked in by the latch there, but it is still likely specific to the tripod you have and likely only made by the manufacturer. If you contact the manufacturer, they should be able to supply you with a replacement plate. You are unlikely to be able to find a third party plate to fit your tripod as it would be too specialized for a third party company to make a profit selling unless it is a really common higher end plate type (which yours does not appear to be.)

This site seems to confirm that official replacement quick release plates may not be available for this brand, however it appears they are willing to look to see if they have a near match by sending them the images you took.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.