Before the rush

Before the rush
by evan-pak

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In some photographs we can see a painting like effect . Can you tell me wheter this kind of effect is created after taking the photo (using some software) or changing shutter speed, iso or aperture of the camera.

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by mattdm, Paul Cezanne, Michael Clark, John Cavan Nov 1 '13 at 10:06

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Hi Eka! Could you please read this post on about this type of question and update your description a little bit? What you see as "painting like" isn't what I expected at all. – mattdm Oct 18 '13 at 12:00
@mattdm As you mentioned in your post its hard to explain this "effect" in words. What i see in this photo is a coffee shop painted in oil medium. Depending upon others perception it may vary. – Eka Oct 18 '13 at 15:08
Could you try, though? It doesn't look like a painting to me, and if you could explain why you think it does, that might help. – mattdm Oct 18 '13 at 15:29
up vote 4 down vote accepted

The photo in your link show an HDR post-processing. This is done by software in post-processing like

  HDR Efex Pro
share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.