by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

At the newspaper I used to work for we had a plugin for PS that burned corners stupendously. Simple, easy to use, customizable, actionable plugin. BUT WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE THING?!? Any hints?

share|improve this question

You mean a plugin that creates vignetting? If you Google for it, I see more than a few, including Xero Soft Vignette, MV's Vignette Corrector. The easiest way, in newer version of Photoshop, is just to use the Lens Correction filter, by selecting Filters > Distort > Lens Correction and playing with the vignette slider. For non-destructive editing, try to apply the effect on a new layer.

share|improve this answer
There is also a slider in Lightroom if that is your program of choice. Under the develop tab, scroll down on the list of adjustments. – BBischof Oct 14 '10 at 14:59
Yes, definitely, I use LR extensively. He was mentioning PS though. – sebastien.b Oct 14 '10 at 17:28
up vote 0 down vote accepted

I just found it!!!! Photokit by Pixel Genius. This pluging is awesome. Free for two months, I totally suggest checking this thing out. It does way more then just burn corners down (which looks way better then vignetting options I've seen) and everything is actionable.

Happy Hunting.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.