by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I saw this on a National Geographic programs when they had recorded the sky for a few days and then make a few seconds long clip from it. What is this called?

share|improve this question
I wanted the tag to be filming, but it didnt exsist and I need 300 rep to make a new tag, I didnt find any Filming forum so I went for Photography. – Arbitur Apr 23 '13 at 16:22
We have a video tag. And, there is a whole sister site about audio and video production, at Generally, film/video/cinematography questions are off-topic here and should be asked there, except when the answers are relevant to still photography. (And timelapse is an area where there is significant overlap.) – mattdm Apr 23 '13 at 16:24
up vote 3 down vote accepted

It's called Time-lapse Photography.

share|improve this answer
For further reading, our questions tagged "timelapse": – coneslayer Apr 23 '13 at 16:07
Thank you very much :) – Arbitur Apr 23 '13 at 16:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.