I know this forum is for photography, but I decided to post here anyway being a StackOverflow user. I'm going to shoot my first short film. I need suggestions on buying a camera. Here are the things I'm looking for:
- Ability to shoot telephoto and wide-angle shots
- Ability to shoot for slow-motion (If fps can be configured, then great!)
- Hard-disk storage with good storage memory
- Long battery life
- Ability to attach an external mic
- 720p HD is fine if not full HD
- Ability to export videos to MP4 or other standard formats
- Budget: $500 +/- $100, but I can afford more if it's really worth it
I have no knowledge when it comes to shooting videos or taking pictures. Some of the things I mentioned may not be even possible - like, I think I need separate lenses for telephoto and wide-angle shots.
Thanks for your suggestions!