I am considering between these 2 telephoto lenses but I cannot make up my mind on which one to buy. I have read a lot about the pro's and con's of both these lenses.. For example
70-200 f2.8 IS II
- f2.8 across all range
- clearer sharper pictures with background blur
- excellent for indoor and low light photography
- bulky (1490 grms)
- price ($2,128.00 on Amazon)
70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
- Lightweight 1050 grms va 1490 grms for 70-200mm above Size
- easy to Carry as the zoom lense is retractable in size Zoom
- 100mm extra zoom as compared to the 70-200 which is excellent for wild life Photography
- Price ($1,499.00 on Amazon)
- f4 (pictures are not as sharp/ crisp as 70-200)
- May not be such a great camera for indoor low light photography
Lenses I currently own
- EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM kit lens for my 5D mark iii
- 50mm f/1.4 USM (which is great for indoor, low light photography)
Reason for my dilemma
On the one hand I like travel photography so carrying the 70-300 all day long should not be an issue as it is compact and reletively light weight.
On the other hand I intend to be go semi-professional i.e taking pictures for occasions such as childrens birthday parties, small family occasions (may be weddings some day) on a part time basis in which case the 70-200 may come in more handy (keeping in mind that i already have a 50mm f/1.4 USM
Could you experts please recommend which of the 2 lenses should I go for?
Should I be looking at something completely different?
Am I suffering from lens lust?