Before the rush

Before the rush
by evan-pak

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

I once used some Android application to add some effect on one of my photos. I forgot the app name and I never found it. Can I achieve this effect using Photoshop?

the effect.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Paul Cezanne, mattdm, Matt Grum, Itai, coneslayer Mar 28 '13 at 22:24

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Do you have a copy of what the image originally looked like as well? I do agree that it isn't an emboss now that I have seen it on a higher quality display than my phone, but it's hard to visualize what the original looked like to see what modifications may have been made. – AJ Henderson Mar 28 '13 at 18:49
Can you describe the effect you are looking for in words? Editing the question to include this info will both get better answers for you, and also increases the chance that someone with the same interest will ever find the question later. Right now, even if this gets a great answer, someone else might wonder the exact same thing as the title but actually about an entirely different effect. – mattdm Mar 28 '13 at 18:52
I will try my best but as I don't come from photography background so I may not able to describe those effects properly. That is why i attached the image so that it could speak for it self. – Jafar Ali Mar 28 '13 at 18:55
Same effect as this I think - Name this filter/effect? - there is also another question recently that used that same curly effect on a tree overhanging a house - my search skills are failing me – MikeW Mar 28 '13 at 18:58
Found it, was closed soft-curves-brush-stroke effect – MikeW Mar 28 '13 at 19:08
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I don't see any native effects in Photoshop that will do that. But I spotted this tool from Adobe Labs called Pixel Bender. It is a PhotoShop add-on. I haven't used it myself, but that example photo looks like a very similar effect. It also looks like the tools are highly customizable.

PixelBender preview

Of course, that doesn't discount the possibilty of combining a few methods with just Photoshop by itself to achieve the same thing.

share|improve this answer
Thanks dude this is what i need but in gray scale. – Jafar Ali Mar 29 '13 at 7:17

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.