Time to be with your loved ones

Time to be with loved ones

by sat

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Take the 2-minute tour ×
Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have a big foldable black and white background whose shape is twisted (nothing done special to have this). So now it do not stay flat when expanded, it do a shape something like starting an 8. I didn't find anything that could allow me to untwist it. Do you know how I may do ?

share|improve this question
Do you mean it is "creased" (plié, froissé)? –  MikeW Feb 22 '13 at 0:04
I believe he means that the spring band has become twisted so that the pop-up background no longer pops up flat. (That's usually more of a problem with smaller, multi-pop-up assemblies, like the EzyBox softbox clones, but can happen with any of the spring band systems.) If that's the case, then finding and correcting the twist (which sometimes takes a lot of finger-force) is the solution. –  user2719 Feb 22 '13 at 4:06
I think the OP means "turned"/"twisted". Stan's suggestion seems reasonable to me! –  TroyR Feb 22 '13 at 7:58
@dpollitt Ohhh, really sorry. I was sure that the word I used meant "twisted". Really really sorry. I update the question and I do a search to see if I find a solution on the web with that new word... Ohh my god I'm confused. –  Oliver Feb 22 '13 at 11:23
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.