by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anyone know where one can purchase filters for UV photography in Europe?

These are the opposite of standard UV filters - these block visible light and only allow UV to pass through.

All I could find is the raw glass itself, nothing finished into a filter with threads.

share|improve this question

I had never heard of UV photography, how cool...

Anyhow, you can find them. has a UV filter in the kit, a Wratten 18A. ($200) is a B+W 403 filter.

I found this with good google-fu.

Take the filter types (Kodak Wratten 18A, B+W 403, Hoya U-340, Baader U-Filter and Kenko U-360) and put them into google along with a common thread size, say 77mm. And start clicking on the hits.

Or you can build your own filter, I just found this link. basically they take an incandescent black light, break it, and rig up something to put the glass over your camera lens. Might be tough to get a piece large enough for a big DSLR lens though.

And show us what you shoot!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.