I have a specific project where I need to control a bank of cameras from a computer.
I don't know much about cameras beyond my iPhone autofocus so I will describe this as best I can, corrections welcome. I have searched around for cameras on google but don't know specific details or styles of camera to filter out the generalist camera.
The parameters I have to work in are:
- The subject distance will be 10cm to 1m.
- The cameras will be in a fixed position and will not move.
- The resolution needs to be high quality and as little blur / artifacts as possible.
- Each image size I expect to be around 50cm x 50cm (I don't know the specifics here)
- Storage size isn't an issue the computer will be post processing the images.
- The computer needs to have control over the camera (.NET API preferred)
- Trigger the "auto-focus" once the object is setup.
- Trigger the cameras to shoot.
- Capture the resulting image and transfer to local HDD.
- Connection technologies between PC and camera.
- Need to have a 2.5 meter cable length.
- WIFI is possible but needs to be reliable.
- Price per camera needs to be < USD$120
- Power through USB or similar preferred, battery or separate supply 2nd choice.
- Lighting source will be fixed and consistent from behind the cameras.
So given the list what sort of camera am I looking for? Is there a site that can help me filter it?
and bonus thankyou for any other things I should know about this but don't.