Time to be with your loved ones

Time to be with loved ones

by sat

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Take the 2-minute tour ×
Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
Is there any filter opposite to Polarizing filter, to emphasize reflections?

I know that a circular polariser can reduce reflections from reflective surfaces. I'm however looking for a way to increase those reflections such that they become dominant in the picture.

An example would be a window where the sky reflects in but where the inside of the building is also visible. I want to minimise the visibility of the interior and emphasise the reflected sky.

What methods exist to emphasise reflections?

share|improve this question
add comment

marked as duplicate by mattdm, Bart Arondson, Nick Miners, Matt Grum, Imre Jan 17 '13 at 19:41

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

1 Answer

You can use a polarizer, adjusting its wheel in the position that visually makes the reflections strongest; the result is an image with stronger reflections than those that you would see without the polarizer itself.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.