In other words, it would be a site where you can "subscribe" to certain locations and then have the service email you if the weather forecast matches the kind of weather conditions you are looking for.
I believe a site like this would serve as a valuable tool for many types of photography, specifically in planning photo shoots and trips.
Sure, there might be value in just being out there and shooting even if the weather is not ideal. Indeed, often we are forced to make do with the conditions we are given. With that said, however, wouldn't it be great if you could expect with reasonable certainty your ideal weather conditions, and have it be sent to your inbox?
Just some examples I thought of where this would be useful:
- Astrophotography: When is the next weekend night there will be a new moon, on a clear night, at [certain location]?
- Sunrise/Sunset: When will it be partly cloudy at golden hour at [certain location]?
- Outdoor Portrait: When will it be overcast, not windy, and not too cold at [certain location]?
- Seasonal photography: How long do I have until the next storm comes in and wipes out the spring flowers (or autumn leaves)?
- (Many more examples, I'm sure!)
So, does anyone know of a site like this? :D