Before the rush

Before the rush
by evan-pak

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is the name of the effect used in this photo and how do you apply it to a photo?


As you can see, the nearest servers (which look like cupboards) are somewhat distorted. That is the effect I want to know of.

share|improve this question
-1. Stop asking and answering your own questions – user9817 Dec 19 '12 at 9:55
@ClaraOnager The SO blog says, ..To be crystal clear, it is not merely OK to ask and answer your own question, it is explicitly encouraged.. :D Try the FAQ – Sid Dec 19 '12 at 10:33
you're not doing this to help you're doing this to garner reputation – user9817 Dec 19 '12 at 11:23
up vote 8 down vote accepted

This effect is called fisheye effect

You can either get this effect by using a fisheye lens or using photoshop. Try googling fisheye effect photoshop. I found there great tutorials there.

share|improve this answer
To add to that: The effect is most 'natural' on wide-angle photos taken with 15mm and wider lenses. – uncovery Dec 18 '12 at 6:53
You can also find more here and also on – Rob Dec 18 '12 at 9:06

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.