by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Sometimes when viewing microfiche film on a Scan Pro reader, there is an area of missing print about the size of a quarter, however, not entirely circular in shape, and the edges diffused as opposed to defined. After a short period of time, I place the same film on the reader and the area is gone and the print is visible. Does anyone know why this is occurring?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by mattdm, John Cavan, whuber, Nir, Mark Whitaker Dec 13 '12 at 9:39

Questions on Photography Stack Exchange are expected to relate to photography within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

An example photo of the problem might help determine the problem. If you're not photographing the microfiche, then the question is off-topic here :( – Imre Nov 30 '12 at 6:52

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.