by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for a Tulip Flower Lens Hood for Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8 D? I know that Nikon HB-1 and HB-15 hood work on this lens. But do you know any Nikon or third party Tulip Flower Hood?

share|improve this question
@Rene those hoods have a straight front edge (so they are not tulip hoods) – Imre Nov 1 '12 at 7:32
@Imre thanks now the question makes sense to me. – Rene Nov 1 '12 at 7:55
Tulip hoods weren't "in" when that lens was, so I'm sure you won't find one specifically for it. Perhaps something compatible exists... – Dan Wolfgang Jan 16 '14 at 1:29

You could try printing your own lens hood on a piece of cardboard. I haven't tried it out myself, so I can't comment on the quality.

If you have a full-frame camera you should use this link.
If you use a frame with a 1.5 or 1.6 crop factor then you need this lens hood template.

I'm not affiliated with this site, just remembered it when I saw your question.

share|improve this answer
I think this is really the best answer. That's because while there are 62mm filter thread lens hoods which probably could be used, they seem to mostly be for wider-angle lenses than 35mm, making it kind of pointless (especially if you're putting it on APS-C). So, make your own that fits exactly your use case. – mattdm Dec 30 '14 at 20:23

I bought a couple of lens hoods from ebay and they all worked fine considering the price - even some plastic tulip shaped. You could just buy a couple of them for $2 each and try it. Sometimes, there is a bit of tape needed to hold the tulip in place so it doesn't rotate but hey, even Joe McNally does it. When You have your hood, please make sure you test for light fallof - if the hood is too deep.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.