I am a photography beginner.
I have a Nikon D90 with the kit lens. I am planning to buy an additional lens.
I want to get a lens that can shoot macro photos that I can use with my D90. I saw the following
- Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SLD DG Macro Lens with built in motor for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO Macro Motorized Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon SLR Cameras
This is the first time I would be buying a lens. I want to know:
- What is the difference between these two lenses? One says "SLD DG" and the other "DG APO". I am not very familiar with lens jargon.
- If I have to choose between the two, which one would you recommend?
- These are a good lens at all, or do you recommend any other lenses?
(Perhaps you have already guessed — my budget is pretty limited.)