I'm trying to devise a method where I can take more than just 3 bracketed exposures on the 5D Mark 2 while minimizing the steps to avoid moving or shaking the camera.
This is my current procedure...
- Drive Mode: 2sec
- In Av mode (f/8), take a shot to get the middle exposure: 1/15
- Switch to Manual, set shutter to -2ev: 1/4
- Set AEB to +/- 2ev (-,0,+)
- Release shutter using external cable (3 shots taken 1", 1/4, 1/15)
- Move shutter to +2ev from middle exposure: 1/60
- Release shutter using cable (3 shots taken 1/15, 1/60, 1/250)
So, basically, the only time I move the camera is when I dial in +2ev after the first set of bracketed exposures are taken, but it's still enough to cause alignment issues in my shots. Is there any room for improvement?
PS: Since I'm using an external shutter release, is there a way to avoid the 2sec shutter delay? It seems that, in Manual mode, when set to Single or Continuous shooting, AEB does not shoot the exposures automatically; it only seems to work in 2sec delay mode.