by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is meant by area sampling in graphics ? I know it is an anti aliasing technique.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by ElendilTheTall, Matt Grum, jrista Sep 13 '12 at 15:02

Questions on Photography Stack Exchange are expected to relate to photography within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This isn't really a photography question. You'll probably have more luck over at the graphic design SE. Flagged. – ElendilTheTall Sep 12 '12 at 6:36

As @ElendilTheTall suggested this question isn't really about photography, however I guess if you were making an app to scale photographs in a phone or such it isn't really that miss placed.

The wiki about anti-aliasing has a lot of information, I believe it explains what your are looking for. From memory I seem to recall this is about the number of samples to look at while computing the color values for any specific point. Looking at a larger sample area around the point while running the selected anti-aliasing calculating will result in smoother results.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.