by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I just received my new Hitech Reverse ND Grad 0.9 today ... and it doesn't look like reverse at all .. I tried putting on a white paper .. it just look like a normal ND Hard Grad filter .. I tried looking through my window .. I can't see any difference in the middle bit and top bit .. I looked through the view finder it shows no difference between bottom bit and top bit. This is my first Reverse ND Grad but I already own few ND Hard and Soft Grad.

On the receipt it does say "Hitech 100x150mm ND reverse Grad 0.9" and even on the filter .. it says "ND 0.9 RG" ... i assume RG means Reverse Graduated ... Are there any use experience that before ? or Did i receive a wrong/defect item?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

If it doesn't look like this, then it is not a reverse grad.

Hitech Reverse ND Grad

Found at,

share|improve this answer
No .. there is no difference between the top and middle shaded bit of the filter. It is just like ND Hard Grad filter. if it is the reverse ND grad filter then I should clearly see the difference if I just look at the filter right? – lawphotog Aug 29 '12 at 23:25
Yeah, you should at least see a lighter area at the very top edge. If the filter itself is marked as a RG, then it sounds like a manufacturing issue. They should replace that no problem. – camflan Aug 29 '12 at 23:36
hey .. sorry I lost my account ... I am now logging in with google account and I don't know where is the above account ... thanks for help .. – lawphotog Aug 30 '12 at 7:57
Hi @LaurenceNyein. I've merged your old account into the new one you created. You should have a single account now, with "Laurence Nyein" as the username. – jrista Aug 30 '12 at 18:46
Thanks Mr jrista – lawphotog Sep 7 '12 at 23:52

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.