I Dare You!

by peter_budo

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Take the 2-minute tour ×
Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am looking for the most simplest of paint programs for adjusting the alphavalues of a picture. I only need a brush that will let me adjust the alpha values.

I have GIMP installed, but am a total noob with it, and simply want to change the alpha channels by brush. Is this a weird question? I figure this wouldn't be so extraordinary right?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by mattdm, John Cavan, Mark Whitaker, ElendilTheTall, Nir Oct 16 '12 at 15:27

Questions on Photography Stack Exchange are expected to relate to photography within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer 1

I'm not a GIMP expert, but I've learned a ton about it from Meet The Gimp, a site with tutorials and forums for questions. Site URL is http://blog.meetthegimp.org/

Lots of folks there who really understand GIMP.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.