I am not sure whether it is appropriate to ask for product recommendations on this site, but I've been struggling with finding a proper camera bag for so long that I hope I can find help here.
We occassionally go to far-away tropical destinations to shoot wildlife, as a hobby. As such, we currently have a Nikon bag that exactly fits our needs in terms of capacity:
- Two DSLR bodies
- Two normal lenzes (meaning they can be placed vertically in the bag)
- One big 500mm lens, placed horizontally
- One external flash
- Several small accessories
No problem. The bag works, and there's a zillion ones on the market with similar capacity. However, we cannot attach our tripod to it. There are several bags that have that capability, but we have an odd-shaped tripod head: the Manfrotto M393, which is very wide and top heavy when collapsed.
We have been advised to check out the Lowepro Pro Trekker 600 AW Mica/Black. It's awesome but overkill. We don't need that capacity, its too big, it probably doesn't solve our tripod problem and it is way to heavy even when empty.
So, summarizing our needs:
- Meeting our capacity needs as described above
- Ability to carry our odd-shaped tripod securely and comfortably
- Reasonable bag weight and size
...is there any camera bag you know of that comes close to this?