I have several dozen to a hundred or so color prints I would like to scan. They are snapshots taken in the last 20 years and are mostly 4x6".
I would like help choosing a flatbed scanner to do this task. My hope is to find one which is:
- inexpensive (say, less than $200, if it’s possible to meet my other criteria — I am willing to pay more if that is what’s needed)
- has a reasonable automatic mode (i.e., requires a minimum of fooling around to get decent results)
- gives files which I can import into Lightroom and tweak further
- comes with software for my Mac which is not horrible
Nice bonuses would be:
- the ability to scan negatives at decent quality
- the possibility of attaching an automatic document feeder for scanning double-sided letter-size documents
But, those are secondary concerns.
It seems there are a variety of questions here about scanners, but not one explaining the criteria one should use in selecting a flatbed scanner for prints, which is what I’m interested in, since I’m pretty ignorant about scanners.