by ʇolɐǝz ǝɥʇ qoq

Submit your Photo
Hall of Fame

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I take good care of my camera but a while back I started noticing that the rubber on the grip and all the other rubber parts that are made of a similar material are starting to peel off. It's starting to feel a bit strange in my hands and I would like to fix it. Is there a specific glue I should use?

share|improve this question

I would refer to my answer to this question. The same guy does canon parts as well.

How to do DIY repair of rubber grips on Nikon cameras?


share|improve this answer

Also take a look at Sugru (company site and Wikipedia), a self-curing plastic silicone.

You can use it to construct a whole new grip or just add some Sugru to improve the grip.

share|improve this answer
don't use glue on a camera body like that. There are access panels beneath the grip that would be sealed off to repair/maintenance workers if you do so. Which is a main reason the original grip is glued on using double sided tape rather than superglue. – jwenting May 25 '12 at 5:36
It's not really glue, it's more of a clay. I have not used Sugru myself (only seen it), but according to their "About" site: "Once cured, you can remove it with a craft knife and then remove residue with fingernails and tissue paper." Here:… it is also given as an answer – Saaru Lindestøkke May 25 '12 at 7:07

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.