After an entire week of having a Canon TS-E 17mm F/4 at my disposal, I am still not sure which control to start setting first. This particular lens has a total of 5 degrees of freedom:
- ±6.5° tilt
- ±12mm shift
- Rotation between tilt and shift axis
- Rotation of the entire lens
- Focus distance
The focus distance seems to be the last one to set since changing another degree of freedom affects focus by a significant amount. Other than that, I'm not sure. So:
- Besides focus, which of these affects another?
- In which sequence should these be set in order to avoid having to change a previous one?
- What else does the order of setting these degrees of freedom depend on?