The number of different compact cameras is just crazy. Each brand has some dozens of camera.
I personaly have some features in mind:
i want Prosumer satisfying image quality, that is:
- colors doesn't look strange
- good sharpness, but I do not want to see those awful sharpening artifacts, that fake feeling that some excessive sharpening filters give
- no noise problems at ISO 400 or maybe 800 (but this is pretty standard I think)
- or in a word, in most non critical conditions I do not want to miss my reflex
- no noticeable shutter lag with prefocused image
- decent focus speed (but i do not really shoot at eagles or pumas :D) so just something that works fine
- i want to carry it in my jacket or coat pockets
- zoom I do not care for 10x super zoom, but I would like something ranging from wideanlge to standard or moderate tele
- RAW recording
- flash. I guess with good ISO performance even indoor i can shot without flash
- image stabilization could be good to shoot indoor
Price: I have seen Olympus XZ-1 which is just lovely, but I would like to spend a little less, let's say 200 euros (or 260$).
So basically I have two questions:
- How to chose a camera taking into account all those requirements?
- Any specific model suggestion will be wellcome too :)