tl;dr: Is there a way to have SmugMug-like + printing service integration hosted on your own website? (The API to the printing service is the piece I am missing)
I am looking for an automated ordering process, but SmugMug and co are not really to my liking because I want it to be self-hosted and 100% customizable.
What I have in mind:
- I upload pictures to my website as an album or for a specific client shoot.
- Client goes to the album
- Client orders some prints
- PayPal / other means of payment approve the money is received
- I send the specifically sharpened/resized image for the output format to the printing-service (automatically, I don't have to do it myself for every order)
- The images are printed and shipped to the customer. The printer charges me.
I can code 1-4 myself. The problem I have is what printing service offers an API so I can automate the ordering completely?
Solutions like a shopping cart with manual ordering is nothing I want to do because I may be on vacation or at a conference where I do not have access to all the tools I need.
Any suggestions? Also I prefer to use services like MPIX or eZprints over a local printer because they usually offer a wide range of products and also usually at a cheaper price.
p.s.: Yes, I will filter for high volume orders and check them myself before I fire out an 2000prints order to /dev/null. But the occasional 4 pictures from the last event order is nothing I want to handle myself every single time.