Slains Castle

by pakman

submit your photo

Hall of Fame
View past winners from this year

Please participate in Meta
and help us grow.

Sign up ×
Photography Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional, enthusiast and amateur photographers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Having an effect of round spot light on the picture, so in the middle it's lighter and close to corners darker — what is the name of this effect in photography?

What is the technique for this in Lightroom?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 7 down vote accepted

Vignetting - In the Develop module if you expand the Effects section, you will see what they call the Post-Crop Vignetting tool. Adjust the sliders as you see fit.

share|improve this answer
Exacty what I want! Thx – Pablo Aug 31 '11 at 15:43
Also, please do us all a favour and not use the white-vignette end of the slider. :-) – Craig Walker Aug 31 '11 at 17:36

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.