In general, what steps should I take to deconstruct the lighting on a portrait that somebody else took?
- Are there certain things I should look for that provide visual clues?
- What can I look for to indicate the direction and number of light sources?
- What should I look for to determine the shape of the light modifiers used (if present)?
- What indications of softness and hardness are there?
- Are there methods to judge how far the lights are away?
- Are there any methods to judge apparent light size based on fall off or such?