We need a new compact camera, we liked our Olympus tough that we brought about 3 years ago as:
- It has buttons that are easy for my wife to use (she has mild Cerebral Palsy)
- It does not beak when it is dropped
- We did not have to protect it from the rain, e.g. it could be put in a pocket when it is raining.
- It is large enough for my wife to hold, but still small enough to go in a pocket.
- I have some control over the exposure and other settings.
We did not like:
- Slow to take photos – so not good for “action shots”
- Len does not go very wide
We don’t care about:
- Being able to use a camera under water.
Is there any camera other than the current Olympus tough range we should put on our short list?
After trying out all the options in a shop, we brought the Fuji XP20, as the buttons on the current Olympus tough cameras have been make a lot smaller and are therefore not useable by my wife.
I don’t know if there will be any camera we can buy in a few years’ time given the current trend toward small buttons...